Monday, August 9, 2010

I believe

Time for more poetry. This is one about some of my core beliefs. Keep in mind, normal disclaimer applies, I wrote this a fair bit of time ago, and I think I might do a rewrite in a similar style to do some compare and contrast.

For now, however, enjoy.

I believe that music
soothes the mind
ensnares the soul
and whispers to the heart.

I believe that our family
is with us from beginning to end
influences our growth
and will love us always and unconditionally

I believe that giving
should be done without thoughts
of what will be given to us in return
and is more important than receiving

I believe that our friends
help us through our sorrows
gift us with their joys
and fill our hearts with belonging

I believe that theatre
allows us to see from another's eyes
offers us an escape from reality
and grants us freedom to truly be ourselves

I believe that love
is something we can never have too much of
should not be shared, not hoarded
and should not be taken too lightly, nor given too sparingly

I believe that laughter
lightens our hearts
brings us closer to one another
masks darkness, and hides fear

I believe that words
grant us knowledge and inspiration
aid us in self-expression
and are sometimes still not enough

I believe that all of this and more
shows who I once was
makes up who I am now
and is a part of who I want to become

Oh dear how cliche some of this (most of this) is.
Hopefully my rewrite will be more interesting. Sorry about the odd font screwup.

Cheers,

-T.A.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment