Sunday, August 1, 2010

Movie theme

Today I saw Inception. I thoroughly enjoyed it too. But I don't want to talk about that today. I want to talk about something I noticed while watching the movie. I have always been a fan of movie scores, and I think that the music that accompanies some of my favorite films is almost as wonderful as the films themselves. I don't think the background music to movies is really appreciated as much as it should be and deserves to be.

Music sets the mood for the movie. The music of the scene tells us what to feel, and gives us information about what we are seeing or will see. I noticed the music in Inception, hence the sudden interest. I have several different scores from movies. I have the soundtracks to all three Lord of the Rings for a start. I love listening to this music later and being able to close my eyes and see the scene in which the music played in my imagination.

I will return tomorrow, but for now I'll be off to watch Magnum Force, which, for those of you who don't know, is the second of the Dirty Harry movies.

Cheers,

-T.A.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment