Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Play the game

Firstly, I'm sorry.

Secondly, I lost the game. This thrice accursed bane upon humanity as we know it.

The only rules to the game:
Once you hear about the game, you're playing the game.
Once you think about the game, you lose the game.
Once you lose the game, you announce loudly that you've lost the game.

How do you escape it? Well, there are some people *coughcough my sister coughcough* who merely refuse to play and refuse to partake in anything to do with the game. I am not one of those lucky people. I feel as though I would be lying to both myself and to society as a whole by not playing. It all started harmlessly enough when one of my sister's friends said "I lost the game" and everyone around groaned and repeated the sentiment. Unknowingly, I asked, "what game?"

I have been cursed ever since. There are certain triggers which cause me to lose the game with no warning. Some triggers make sense, like hearing people talking about games repeatedly. Other triggers make no sense. For instance, every time I see the window of the door to the music loge in my old school, I lose the game. I suppose I could trace the origins of this loss back to its roots. There was a while, when she was a senior and I a lowly sophomore, that a particularly evil friend of my sister's sought me out and tried to force me into losing the game. After about a week, every time we saw one another, we would race to see who could get the words out fast enough. One fateful day, I was walking down the first floor hallway. She stood behind the door, gesturing and mouthing something. I came closer, curious. When I came close enough to see, I could tell by the smirk in her eyes that I shouldn't have been looking. Indeed, she mouthed "I lost the game." I have been haunted by her memory ever since.

For some reason completely unbeknownst to me, seeing people drink vanilla coke also makes me lose the game. I still play, but with a lightened heart, due to the website that finally freed me. I can only hope that you'll accept my apologies for making you lose the game by clicking here and freeing yourself as well. Please, let the world know. YOU ARE FREE!

Cheers,

-T.A.D.

3 comments:

  1. I promise I'll have a real post tomorrow.
    We had family over for dinner and I've had a dreadfully long day.
    Thanks for bearing with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That wasn't me, was it? I really can't remember.

    ReplyDelete