Thursday, July 15, 2010

"C" is for cookie...

...and that's good enough for me.

Today's topic is very light and fluffy and delicious. Cookies are wonderful. Baked goods of all kinds are, actually. But there's something about a nicely made cookie that seems to be filled with magic. You know you have a good job when you're allowed to stand in the back licking cookie dough off a spatula and out of the mixing bowl. And when I say mixing bowl, I mean an industrial sized monster of a mixing bowl.

To me, baking, and cooking in general, is always therapeutic. I wouldn't say that I'm a food snob of any kind, but I was raised right, on home-cooked meals (mostly), fruits and veggies included. I like kitchens. I like how tangible the act of cooking is. You throw a bunch of ingredients into a bowl, mix it up, cook it (or cool it, depending on what you're making) and voila, you have the product. An edible, yummy, delicious product.

11:11! Make a wish.

Anyway, that's going to be about it for today. I've had a long day. Now one last midnight snack and I'll be sleeping away.

Cheers,

-T.A.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment