Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Time is a healer

Or is it?

Sometimes pains and aches, both emotional and physical, can be healed with just time. Cuts scab over; bruises fade. But what about the wounds that are infected? You can't leave those to scab.

If you do, the next time you look at them, your wound has spread, pus is oozing from your skin, and it hurts a hell of a lot more. Those are the wounds that require help to heal.

I find it hard to ask for help sometimes, but I've also found that my injuries tend to get gross the longer I go without help. I guess the moral of the story is that the tale about how all you need to heal is time, that's bullshit. Sometimes it works like that, but other times, no matter how hard it is, you need to ask for help. Help heals.

Ask for a band-aid. You'll be surprised on how much it'll make you feel better.

Cheers,

T.A.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment