Wednesday, July 7, 2010

There's no one else to blame

The deepest scars are the ones we make in ourselves.

The times we hate ourselves, blame ourselves, yell at ourselves, hurt ourselves, lose ourselves.

I think the worst part of the scars we make ourselves is how we feel obligated to fix those wounds by ourselves. We feel like because we were able to break something or hurt something in us, we shouldn't ask for help about fixing it.

But we can't do that by ourselves. Hating yourself is the worst kind of hatred you can experience. How do you make yourself open to the love of others if you don't love yourself?

There's a lot of questions about self-love that I don't have the answers to. I wish I did; they would make things so much easier.

Sometimes all we can do is just get by. Somehow, we have to do it. Even if that means sitting in front of a TV all day watching sad movies and eating ice cream.

All we can do is try and remember that there's a light at the end of every tunnel, even if we think we've blown it out ourselves.

Because we really are all loved by someone. So when you're feeling down, remember that person or those people who love you.

If no one else, remember me.

I love you all, despite the fact that I don't know who some of you are and I may never meet you or see you or touch you or laugh with you.

Love.

-T.A.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment