Thursday, July 29, 2010

Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da

Due to the thunderstorm that we had earlier today, the internet connection has been terribly slow. This is the first time I've even been able to access my blog, so I don't know how long the connection will stay good. Therefore, I'm keeping today's post nice and short.

Which is helpful since I don't have much to say today. I've been enjoying vacation, and we went to see Toy Story 3, which was amazing. I found myself feeling much like Andy throughout the film: a teenager on the cusp of a new stage in life, unsure of what to hold on to and what to let go of.

It isn't just about toys, it's about relationships and habits and people. I'm taking a year off before I go to college, and I'm grateful for that; it's giving me more time to think about who I want to be in college. It will be such a different and crazy world. I've lived in a bit of a box for the past several years. Going to an all-girls' Catholic school for high school, especially as someone involved in the theatre department, has meant that I haven't had much time for life outside of drama and school. Before that I was both young and awkward, and I went to one school for ten years.

I must admit, it's rather scary thinking about the things and the people that I might have to let go of, and it's scary worrying about being alone in a new place.

Augh all this talk of growing up is making me nervous. So that's enough for now. I'll be back tomorrow, hopefully with faster internet.

Cheers,

-T.A.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment