Thursday, July 22, 2010

We are family

The following is a poem (another that I wrote several years ago) written about me and my sister. I quite like it, but I think that now, almost four years later, I might rewrite it.

But, here is the first version. Enjoy.

Sisters

Two peas in a pod.
that’s what they call us.
they couldn’t be farther
from the truth.

your motivation, my lack thereof
my instant opinions, your hesitant ones
your optimism, my pessimism
my extrovert, your introvert
your cat, my dog

my long grudges, your quick forgiveness
your patience, my impatience
my energy, your weariness
your carefulness, my recklessness
my locked doors, your openness.

Two peas in a pod?
hardly…
though…

our reading and writing
our intelligence
our procrastination and perfectionism
our hobbies, our school, our singing, our drama
our protectiveness
our harmonies
our similarities
and our differences.

Two peas in a pod?
maybe.
But I prefer to simply say,
sisters.

Cheers,

-T.A.D.


No comments:

Post a Comment